When governments do business, they commonly require outcomes that conform with policy and are achieved with probity and transparency.
Through its regular work with governments, statutory bodies and private sector business partners, Fisher Jeffries has extensive experience in public sector business and familiarity with regulatory frameworks, policy issues and government processes.
We provide regular advice on risk management strategies in a public sector environment, the conduct of major public inquiries and frequently represent both public and private stakeholders in challenges to government decisions before Courts and tribunals.
We assist our clients in all aspects of public law including:
- administrative law;
- public sector regulatory frameworks;
- public sector governance;
- conflicts of interest and public interest issues;
- government procurement, tendering & contracting;
- risk management;
- freedom of information legislation;
- privacy legislation.