With her pragmatic approach, exacting technical skills and leadership ability, organisations including financial institutions, manufacturers, wine makers and retirement villages, benefit from Wendy's proven commercial litigation expertise. For over 20 years, Wendy has worked successfully and tenaciously on large and complex litigation matters, including some of Australia's largest audit negligence claims, as well as contract and product liability disputes, and trade practices issues.
Her special interest in insolvency law means Wendy’s advice is regularly sought on voluntary administrations, deeds of company arrangement, liquidators’ recovery and investigation powers, secured creditor rights, priority issues and proofs of debt.
Wendy’s involvement with financial institutions is extensive. She advises and supports them on diverse matters ranging from cheque conversion, mistaken payments, misrepresentation, fraud, forgery, and bank systems and procedures, to terms and conditions of bank products, bank fees and charges, guarantees, access to banking records and debt recovery, including regarding obligations under Code of Banking Practice.
Some of Wendy's past and current matters include:
- Acting for major bank defending a class action in Federal Court of Australia regarding an alleged Ponzi Scheme.
- Acting for Liquidators (formerly administrators) of mining company and part of team involved in subsequent litigation against former directors in Federal Court of Australia.
- Acting for major bank in litigation regarding bank guarantees.
- Acting for major bank in litigation regarding Code of Banking Practice.
- Acting as agent of the Crown Solicitor in defending claims brought by Healthscope Limited against CNAHS, in the District and Supreme Courts of South Australia, following the return of the operation of a major South Australian hospital to the public sector.
- Orrcon Operations Pty Ltd v Capital Steel: acting in injunction proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia (Sydney) seeking to restrain payment under a letter of credit.
- Harris Scarfe Holdings & Ors v PricewaterhouseCoopers: a lead partner conducting proceedings for the receivers and managers of the Harris Scarfe Group and its banker in litigation.
- Southern Equities Corporation Limited (In Liquidation) (formerly Bond Corporation Holdings Limited) v Arthur Andersen: part of the team representing the Liquidator of SECL in this action against its former auditors, Arthur Andersen.
- Acting for receivers of numerous parcels of land forming part of a significant property development.
- Acting for receivers and managers of a meat processing group of companies.
- Harris Scarfe Holdings Group Receivership: acting for the receivers and managers of the Harris Scarfe group regarding a wide variety of matters arising in the receivership.
- Southern Equities Corporation Limited (In Liquidation): part of a team advising the Liquidators of the SECL Group on various aspects of their administration, including examinations in Australia and overseas, and their adjudication on proofs of debt (including complex and disputed proofs).
- Leading Insolvency & Reconstruction Lawyers – SA, 2014 (Leading)
- Leading Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyers – Adelaide, 2015 (Leading)
- Leading Insolvency & Reconstruction Lawyers – Adelaide, 2015 (Leading)
- Leading Insolvency & Reconstruction Lawyers – Adelaide, 2016 (Recommended)
- Leading Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyers – Adelaide, 2016 (Recommended)
- Leading Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyers – SA, 2017 (Leading)
- Leading Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyers – SA, 2017 (Leading)
- Leading Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyers – SA, 2018 (Recommended)