Susan Babidge is a Partner in the firm’s Workplace Law Group. Susan helps organisations navigate the complex and highly regulated world of employee relations.
Susan has extensive experience working in workplace law in South Australia and New South Wales. Susan has a unique background in both the private and public sector that has given her an insight into a range of workplace issues faced by organisations of all sizes and across a range of industries. With that experience, Susan understands the commercial benefits of successfully anticipating, managing and resolving workplace issues.
Susan’s experience working in-house has given her an appreciation and understanding of the pressures and realities of in-house legal and people and culture teams. Susan has a depth of experience in conducting workplace investigations, advising on complex award and industrial interpretation matters and advising on employment issues in commercial transactions.
Some of Susan's past and current matters include:
- Acting for a major not for profit social and community services organisation in negotiating and bargaining for a new enterprise agreement covering over 600 social and communities employees.
- Advising on and assisting in the management of an extensive transfer of employment and rectification process for a labour hire business that supplies community home care and domestic services labour as a result of a prosecution by the Fair Work Ombudsman for sham contracting and breaches of a modern award.
- Acting for an employer in the aged care sector in respect to various employment related issues including the management of ill and injured employees and dismissal related claims.
- Advising a retirement village operator in respect to WHS issues for its employees, award coverage and employment contracts and its policy for staff taking personal leave and the management of an ill employee.
- Conducting workplace investigations on behalf of employers in respect to various issues including allegations of sexual harassment, bullying and fraud.
- Regularly providing sounding board advice to employers at short notice on a comprehensive range of employment issues.
- Advising employers in respect to transfer of employment issues in both share and asset sales and acquisitions.
- Advising employers about restraint of trade issues and protection of confidential information.
Best Lawyers Awards
- Recognised in Occupational Health & Safety Law – Adelaide, 2020