Paul is a senior commercial lawyer with over 28 years’ experience. With early experience in corporate, property and general commercial work, Paul has now specialised to become an experienced senior lawyer in the complementary areas of capital projects, infrastructure, transport and banking and finance.
Supporting this solid legal grounding, and of great value to his clients, is Paul’s sound industry insight, following his role as senior legal counsel for one of the ASX top 100 manufacturing companies. In this role, Paul was primarily involved in capital projects, which gave him a first-hand understanding of the key legal issues and risks that such projects attract and enables Paul to provide effective and efficient advice.
As a result, Paul’s clients regularly seek his incisive input and advice on such areas as construction, capital projects, mining, rail and banking and finance matters.
Some of Paul's past and current matters include:
- Negotiating and drafting EPC contracts for projects including ore beneficiation plants, export facilities and infrastructure upgrades and repair works worth in excess of $200m.
- Advising principals in respect of claims made under EPC and EPCM contracts by contractors.
- Advising the State Government on the State Rail Electrification Project.
- Acting for rail track access providers in respect of inter and intrastate rail access agreements.
- Acting for transport and service providers to oil, gas, defence and mining sectors.
- An embedded senior legal resource for a significant, three year capital project involving: training a large project team and providing legal advice to the project manager; advising the principal's representative/superintendent; advising on many claims for extensions of time, variations, practical completion, acceptance testing, legal professional privilege and related issues; cost recovery for defective work and resolution of contractual disputes.
- Advising on major water infrastructure projects in South Australia, Queensland and Western Australia.
- Acting for leading Banks (and corporate borrowers) in respect of commercial, corporate and property loan and security documentation.
- Leading Banking & Finance Lawyers – Adelaide, 2015 (Recommended)
- Leading Banking & Finance Lawyers – Adelaide, 2016 (Recommended)
Best Lawyers Awards
- Recognised in Commercial Law – Adelaide, 2020