Natasha has over 20 years’ experience as a litigator and is one of South Australia’s leading insolvency lawyers. She acts for all major banks and other financiers on a range of matters including security enforcement, priority disputes and work outs in the insolvency context, as well as customer disputes and operational issues.
Natasha advises insolvency practitioners on all types of corporate and personal insolvency administrations and contentious recovery matters. She has been involved in complex litigation in the Superior Courts and regularly acts on matters involving insolvent trading, voidable transactions, breach of director’s duties and other Corporation Act issues. Natasha has particular experience concerning Ponzi and other illegal managed investment schemes having acted for a number of Court appointed administrators.
She also represents corporate and private clients in respect of credit management advice and debt recovery services, and investigations and recovery action following the detection of a fraud. As a skilled litigator in the insolvency field, Natasha has been involved in a number of investigations and inquiries, and is experienced in client responses to regulatory investigations, especially by ASIC and professional conduct boards.
Some of Natasha's past and current matters include:
- Acting for receivers, voluntary administrators and liquidators on all aspects of an external administration, including appointment, business and asset sales, compliance and asset recovery.
- Forensic investigations and public examinations, including in matters involving corporate fraud and illegal schemes.
- Locating, freezing and recovering assets for creditors and clients who have been defrauded, both in Australia and overseas.
- Advising bankruptcy trustees and insolvent individuals about bankruptcy processes, investigations and the recovery and realisation of assets.
- Working with creditors whose interests are adversely affected by the insolvency of a customer or counterparty, including enforcing terms and conditions, assisting with credit risk reduction and management strategies, defending unfair preference claims and other claw back proceedings and assisting with creditor meetings and the proof of debt regime.
- Advising directors of insolvent entities about insolvent trading risks, effects of deeds of company arrangement and in defending breach of duty claims and investigations by regulatory bodies.
- Leading South Australian Insolvency & Reconstruction Lawyers, 2012 (Recommended)
- Leading Insolvency & Reconstruction Lawyers – SA, 2014 (Recommended)
- Leading Insolvency & Reconstruction Lawyers – Adelaide, 2015 (Recommended)
- Leading Insolvency & Reconstruction Lawyers – Adelaide, 2016 (Recommended)
Best Lawyers Awards
- Recognised in Insolvency and Reorganisation Law – Adelaide, 2014-15, 2020
- Recognised in Litigation – Adelaide, 2020