With many years of experience, Julia is renowned for her rigorous approach to dealing with the multitude of legal issues commonly involved in complex commercial transactions.
Julia’s particular niche is the structuring, negotiating and drafting of all manner of complex or unusual commercial transactions such as corporate restructures, infrastructure projects, asset sales and purchases.
A variety of government bodies, associations, companies and individuals also rely on Julia for her expert input into their health, aged care and retirement village issues. Her calm and considered advice is applied to many areas relevant to these industries, including contracts with residents, management and operations, resident disputes and issues, mergers and acquisitions and intellectual property.
Some of Julia's past and current matters include:
- Advising a government body in relation to outsourcing of services and preparing related contracts.
- Advising a government body and preparing multiple contracts for a public hospital co-located with a private hospital.
- Conducting due diligence in the merger of government bodies.
- Advising biotech companies, manufacturing companies, medical research organisations and the public sector on the protection and commercialisation of their intellectual property assets.
- Acquisition and disposal of retirement villages, supported residential facilities, aged care facilities and health facilities by private and charitable developers and operators.
- Assisting with management, operating, development and marketing agreements between owners and managers of retirement villages, supported residential facilities, aged care facilities and health facilities.
- Leading Health & Aged Care Lawyers – Australia, 2017 (Recommended)
- Leading Health & Aged Care Lawyers – SA, 2018 (Leading)
- Leading Health & Aged Care Lawyers – Australia, 2018 (Recommended)
Best Lawyers Awards
- Lawyer of the Year, Retirement Villages and Senior Living Law – Adelaide, 2019
- Recognised in Retirement Villages and Senior Living Law – Adelaide, 2019 and 2020