James has nearly 30 years’ experience in matters ranging from enforcement of off-the-plan sale contracts to the pursuit of massive loan portfolios. James assists clients who want a commercial result to use court processes where opposing parties will not negotiate.
Unfazed by stubborn opponents or difficult situations, James works tirelessly with each client to identify the facts and the best and most efficient legal mechanism to recover what belongs to his client or where necessary, to defend his client from unjustified claims.
As the leader of our high volume debt recovery team in our Adelaide office, James advises Australian trading banks, finance corporations and commercial landlords.
Some of James' past and current matters include:
- Enforcing contracts for the purchase off-the-plan of an apartment complex.
- Defending finance providers against allegations of loan mismanagement by defaulting borrowers.
- Defending a major multinational corporation against a claim arising out of acquisition of a competitor.
- Recovering real estate diverted by defaulting directors of a major property development group.
- Pursuing the multi-million dollar loan portfolio of a major bank for loans made for investments in a number of failed investment schemes.
- Defending a credit union against the claim of a gambling addict for losses alleged to be caused by lax credit procedures.
- Leading South Australian Insolvency & Reconstruction Lawyers, 2012 (Recommended)
- Leading Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyers – SA, 2017 (Recommended)
- Leading Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyers, SA 2017 (Recommended)
- Leading Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyers, SA 2018 (Recommended)