With her widespread commercial and civil litigation experience, industry participants call on Fidelis’ proven expertise and rigorous litigation skills to support their varying business needs.
A true banking and finance specialist, Fidelis has developed her experience in enforcement of securities including real property mortgages, guarantees and loan agreements; unsecured recoveries; liquidations; bankruptcy; mediation; National Consumer Credit Code compliance, and Tenancy Applications. She also advises on mortgagee sales.
Fidelis always balances the commercial business needs of her clients with a thorough and exacting application of the law. Whether Fidelis is working hard to obtain an appropriate judgment from Magistrates Court, District Court or Supreme Court of South Australia, or diligently enforcing it, her efficiency and complete dedication to the task are highly commended by her clients who call on her to develop protocols and precedents for their internal teams.
Some of Fidelis' past and current matters include:
- Commonwealth Bank, ANZ, NAB, Westpac, ING, Bendigo, Adelaide Bank and other financial institutions including First Mortgage Company, Assured Home Loans, Pepper Finance and GE: conducting mortgage securitisation enforcement for residential and commercial securities involving real and personal property following acts of default, including insolvency. This involves obtaining and enforcing appropriate court judgments, including filing bankruptcy notices and proof of debts with the trustee in bankruptcy.
- Australia’s largest commercial credit union: conducting mortgage securitisation enforcement and National Credit Code compliance matters for over eight years.
- Deputy Commissioner of Taxation: conducting bankruptcy and winding up proceedings.
- Advising the receivers and managers in relation to the ROT litigation following the voluntary administration and receivership of Harris Scarfe.
- ING Life, AXA (NMLA), MLC and Hannover Life: conducting insurance and commercial litigation regarding various superannuation trusts.