Renowned among his clients for his approachability and practical, commercial advice, Dean’s wealth of experience in commercial property law is regularly put into practice with very successful results.
Dean’s attention to detail and incisive input is highly regarded by many industry participants who call on him for help with a variety of matters, such as sales and acquisitions of office buildings, shopping centres and industrial sites, and for the ongoing leasing of several major South Australian commercial, retail and industrial properties.
With demonstrated expertise in major infrastructure transactions, Dean provides constructive legal input on a variety of projects relating to ports, electricity, gas, wastewater, landfill and wind power.
Some of Dean's past and current matters include:
- State Government: acting in complex land swap negotiations with the State’s main port operator regarding the restructure of the Port of Adelaide.
- Aspen Group: acting on the $600m City Central project in the Adelaide CBD including negotiating the initial leasing of the office and retail components of the project to the State Government, Commonwealth Government and various institutional blue chip tenants.
- Centro Properties Group: assisting with ongoing leasing of its South Australian property portfolio.
- Private developer: advising on the development and leasing of a $70m dollar mixed use project at Seaview Road, Henley Beach.
- Makris Group: advising on the redevelopment and subsequent leasing of the CX Arcade.
- Pacific Hydro: working on securing site tenure arrangements for a number of wind farms in South Australia.
- Coles Group: acting on the construction and leasing of various supermarkets.
- Land Management Corporation: providing advice on many matters regarding the Land Management Corporation’s property portfolio.
- Leading South Australian Property & Real Estate Lawyers, 2012 (Recommended)
- Leading South Australian Property Lawyers, 2015 (Recommended)
- Leading Property & Real Estate Lawyers – SA, 2017 (Recommended)
- Leading Property & Real Estate Lawyers – SA, 2018 (Recommended)
Best Lawyers Awards
- Recognised in Real Property Law – Adelaide, 2020