Anita specialises in property and insolvency law. Anita handles all manner of property and development transactions, including the sale and purchase of commercial and residential premises, retail and commercial leasing and licensing as well as Aged Care and Retirement Villages matters. Her expertise in insolvency includes all types of corporate and personal insolvency, recovery and corporate reconstruction.
Anita also handles unsecured debt recovery and commercial lease enforcement work from routine letters of demand through to court recovery proceedings in the Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts of South Australia.
Anita has acted for a number of creditors and insolvency practitioners, including liquidators and bankruptcy trustees, in small and large recoveries and provided advice to bankrupt individuals and directors of failed companies.
Some of Anita's past and current matters include:
- Renewal SA’s commercial lease and contractual enforcement work, including for the Port Adelaide Waterfront moorings.
- Co-management of multifaceted proceedings on behalf of a South Australian based liquidator for the recovery of preference payments, including supervision of a team of legal practitioners and external people to complete an analysis of a substantial number of documents (more than 60 boxes) to prepare a matter for trial.
- Educating and providing specialised advice to insolvency practitioners and suppliers of goods in relation to the Personal Property Securities Act.
- Developing and implementing strategies with large commercial landlords to reduce defaults under commercial leases and to efficiently recover debts due.
- Drafting and negotiating documentation for the sale of large parcels of commercial land and of large scale residential developments for insolvency practitioners.
- Co-management of complex judicial review proceedings and related litigation in relation to the adverse impact of Development Plan Amendments on behalf of a large commercial landlord.